[Qgis-developer] Toolbar and Panel defaults

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Tue Jul 9 13:55:18 PDT 2013

Hi,

I had a look at the current defaults for toolbars and panels. A new user of
QGIS 2.0 should not be overwhelmed with too many buttons and windows, but we
should guide him to find important features like the embedded browser. In my
opinion there are some defaults which could be optimized to reach this goal.

Toolbars:
-Turn off Advanced Digitizing
-Move Label to second row

Panels:
-Turn on Layer order and Browser in a tabbed view with Layers

Print composer:
-Place all toolbars in one row

Regards
Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions