[Qgis-developer] Mac nightlies updated

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Sun Jul 14 13:21:53 PDT 2013

Hi William,

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM, William Kyngesburye
<woklist at kyngchaos.com>wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2013, at 9:32 PM, Larry Shaffer wrote:
>
> > William, the issues with Spatialite 4.0.0 still persist [1]. Maybe
> having your SQLite framework updated to Spatialite 4.1.1 before trying to
> track down those errors might be prudent?
> >
> > [0] http://qgis.dakotacarto.com
> > [1] http://hub.qgis.org/issues/7664
>
> I don't see any compatibility-breaking changes (would require new
> framework version and rebuild of everything), so I'll work on it over the
> weekend.

Another nice addition to spatialite would be to add the liblwgeom support.
This is part of the postgis build, but can have its .so and headers files
moved to a different location (I believe) because it only links to
libgeos_c and libproj. However, I did not find liblwgeom-2.0.3.dylib in
your install for postgis 2.0.3.

Since the .dylib can be included standalone (after postgis is built) and
spatialite built against that, could you include liblwgeom in your SQLite3
framework (or maybe GEOS framework)? This would offer extra geometry
functions to spatialite [0] (especially the MakeValid function) without
requiring users to install the full postgres/postgis package.

Also, having worked with recent spatialite builds for the homebrew project,
I came across the nice additional XML functions for spatialite [1]. I did
not have issues building libspatialite against default libxml2 on Lion
(10.7.5), but spatialite-gui failed unless I built libspatialite against a
newer 2.9.x version of libxml2 [2]. 2.9.x version is recommended
(required?) for spatialite.

The xml functions could be used for the proposed QGIS project-as-db setup,
where the current project xml-formatted file could be directly stored in a
spatialite db, with minimal adjustment to existing project reading/writing
code.

[0] http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/spatialite-sql-4.1.0.html#p14d ,
https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite/wiki?name=liblwgeom-4.0
[1]