[Qgis-developer] Splash screen for 2.0

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jul 16 23:52:10 PDT 2013

 Hi Matthias and Marco,

 You probably have to blame me for using the "modern" Swisstopo map. I
 just like it better and I think they look prettier than the old black
 and white maps. Also it gives QGIS a more modern touch, I think.
 Especially the old Dufour maps are really looking very "heavy" or
 "depressing", although they are also a piece of art on their own.

 I asked Swisstopo and they are ok if we use the modern maps if the
 splash-screen does not exceed 500000 pixel. We have the permission to
 use the current map.

 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A