[Qgis-developer] New API: network analysis - problem with tiedPoints

Stéphane Henriod s at henriod.info
Thu Jul 18 12:41:09 PDT 2013

Dear all,

I have a problem similar to the one I raised yesterday (
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2013-July/027423.html) but
this time with the network analysis module.

I just tried to follow this tutorial:
http://www.qgis.org/pyqgis-cookbook/network-analysis.html

It somehow works (not yet completely, but I have to find out why) in the
Qgis console but not in my stand-alone script.

Basically, my script fails to create the tiedPoints:

tiedPoint = director.makeGraph( builder, [ pstart, pend ] )

This throws an exception that I am unable to understand:

> (<type 'exceptions.Exception'>, Exception('unknown',), <traceback object
> at 0xad303284>)

Do you see a good reason for this behavior? Do I need to explicitly import
anything more in my script?

So far the heading of my script looks like this:

> import sip
> try:
>     apis = ["QDate", "QDateTime", "QString", "QTextStream", "QTime",
> "QUrl", "QVariant"]
>     for api in apis:
>         sip.setapi(api, 2)
> except ValueError:
>     # API has already been set so we can't set it again.
>     pass
>

> from qgis.core import *
> from qgis.networkanalysis import *
> import qgis.utils

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and ideas!

Cheers

Stéphane

--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux"
-- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason
enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon
it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info