[Qgis-developer] right-click to end the digitizing

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 23:01:51 PDT 2013

Hi all,

For digitizing, I wonder why the right-click adds a point and finishes
instead of just finishing the operation.

While showing QGIS to new users, it seems to be very unintuitive. I tend
to agree to this. After using Inkscape a lot last weeks ;), QGIS'
behavior seems even more unnatural.

Indeed, one operation per button would be a lot better: left to add,
right to finish.

I know this discussion has been raised before but I think it might be
the right time if we decide to change. It would be for 2.0  as this
isn't a new feature but quite a change in behavior.

In my company, we'll have a few drawers working on QGIS to digitize and
I think such basic operation should be more intuitive.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Denis