[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.0 and beyond

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 21:18:52 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Mathieu Pellerin <nirvn.asia at gmail.com>wrote:

> I feel that for the SIP upgrade to be considered so late in the release
> process, it should be considered within _reasonable confines_ to avoid
> un-managed, harmful delays. Ideally, something along the lines of "merged
> by this coming Sunday or delayed to post 2.0". If the attempt at
> upgrading SIP is turning out to be more complex and take longer than a hard
> commit-to-master deadline, it IMO should be postponed on practical grounds
> of avoiding impact on QGIS end users and adoption.

This is the current plan.  Victor is working on updating sextante this
week, and Alex is working on fTools, noone has put their hands up for the
others (DBManger, mapserver export) yet but I will try my hand at them if I
get time.

The SIP update must happen now or it can't happen in the future without
breaking everything yet again, and that will do more damage to the project
then some slight breakages in plugins while they update to 2.0.  The SIP
update is a easy one, for the core code base and plugin authors, and I only
have to check one thing with Martin before I will merge it into master
(after most of the core plugins are done).

- Nathan