[Qgis-developer] SIP API Update

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 12:06:41 PDT 2013

How do we handle translated strings with arguments? QString::arg() is not
available.

Not sure if the following would work? The string syntax is slightly
different and would require re-translation, but at least works in English

before:
self.tr( "%1 not created." ).arg( outFn )
after:
self.tr( "%s not created." ) % outFn

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/softdev/share/qgis/python/plugins/GdalTools/tools/widgetPluginBase.py",
line 120, in finished
    QMessageBox.warning(self, self.tr( "Warning" ), self.tr( "%1 not
created." ).arg( outFn ) )
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'arg'