[Qgis-developer] SIP API Update merged. Attention plugin authors

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Jun 9 00:52:48 PDT 2013

On 08-06-13 13:35, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> The new SIP API has been merged now.  There are still a few things to
> clean up in some of the core plugins but it is merged for wider testing.
>    I don't expect to find any major issues.

Cool, THANKS!

> I would recommend creating a branch in git with your new 2.0 version and
> be ready to upload it when I give the go ahead.

Is it not 'better' to branch your old version in the 1.8.x branch, and
do further work in master (for future releases)?

If I understand correctly, there is some (more) work and clean up
possible for all 2.0 plugins:

- sip2 stuff Nathans lists in https://gist.github.com/NathanW2/5734767
(from which the new SIGNAL stuff is most scary for me)
- remove old symbology related code, because 2.0 has only new symbology
- remove the 1.8/2.0 switches that were needed for being able to run
both api-versions (not needed anymore because a 2.0 version is now
incompatible with 1.8).

right?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde