[Qgis-developer] Geopackage, Spatialite v4.1 QGIS v2.0

Ted tiruchirapalli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 17:18:29 PDT 2013

All,

Spatialite 4.1 released recently. As far as I understand, the proposed
OGC's GeoPackage is based on spatialite.

For long time, I notice that spatiliate is kind of ignored (may be due to
interest level) and never got the full attention of the developer. Even
today, the only version supported is sptialite 3.8 in spite of v4.0 having
some great features.

Is it possible to have a full support for spatialite in upcoming releases,
if not v2.0. This will give put QGIS in ahead in race. Really like to see
v4.1 supported out of the box in QGIS 2.0 is possible.

Then, when GeoPakage nears approval, QGIS can become a reference
implementation (with modification)

Cross fingers :)

regards
ted