[Qgis-developer] Plugin "category" - do we need it?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Jun 11 09:34:06 PDT 2013

On 11-06-13 17:09, Borys Jurgiel wrote:
> Among many other plugin attributes we have quite useless "category":
> vector/raster/db etc.
> Are there any thoughts?

I thought the idea was that based on this value in the metadata the
plugin would be placed in that menu...

But I know it is not implemented yet.

Maybe is it possible to let the 'addPluginToMenu' take this
metadata-value into account? And if not available keep current
behaviour: just put it in the plugin menu. Then we can get (maybe) rid
of the rest of the 'addPlugingToXXXMenu?

if this is hard, I also would remove it. The fact that it is easy for
the user to find out where to find it is not enough for me to keep it....

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde