[Qgis-developer] Customization

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 01:20:26 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Borys Jurgiel <lists at borysjurgiel.pl> wrote:
> Dnia wtorek, 11 czerwca 2013 o 21:28:22 Radim Blazek napisał(a):
>> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Borys Jurgiel <lists at borysjurgiel.pl>
> wrote:
>> > Should I manually add the new manager widgets to customization.xml, or is
>> > it done by a script?
>>
>> It is updated by script, it is on my TODO to update customization.xml.
>
> Thanks a lot! Then should I put the "label" attribute manually to the .ui file?
> I want to add descriptions for a few widgets.

I am not able to get python working with latest master so I cannot
generate new customization.xml. In theory, if you set correctly
PYTHONPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to find QGIS libs, you can run
scripts/widgets_tree.py and save the output xml to
resources/customization.xml. If it works for you please commit the new
customization.xml to master. I remember however that various problems
may appear.

For widget label it takes widget text() or windowTitle() if exists.

It is better to use standard "mSomethingWidgetClass" member names for
widgets instead of auto generated "widgetClass_number" to keep
customisation more stable.

Radim