[Qgis-developer] New plugin manager and plugin errors

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Wed Jun 12 01:59:22 PDT 2013

Dnia środa, 12 czerwca 2013 o 07:00:43 Matthias Kuhn napisał(a):
> On Mit 12 Jun 2013 00:32:40 CEST, Borys Jurgiel wrote:
> > Dnia środa, 12 czerwca 2013 o 00:18:28 Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da
> >
> > napisał(a):
> >> Nevermind... I just add to click to enable the plugin and it showed me
> >> the error just as the old plugin manager. Sorry for the noise.
> >
> > Unfortunately I didn't manage to include more verbose error message to
> > the detail panel before the feature freeze, so it has to wait for 2.1.
> > For now you need to enable and disable the plugin to trigger loading.
>
> I would consider this a bug (maybe even a blocker: regression) and not
> a new feature...

Maybe I don't understand correctly, where is the regression exactly?

In the old installer the plugin status (in the most left column) was set to
"broken" and that label had a tooltip with one-sentence error summary.
Now in the plugin detatails you see the same (status+summary) in a yellow box.

In addition, there is a popup window with error summary if plugin fails to
load right after installation. Does the message in this window differ in the
old and new installer?