[Qgis-developer] New plugin manager and plugin errors

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Wed Jun 12 05:17:02 PDT 2013

Dnia środa, 12 czerwca 2013 o 11:29:28 Matthias Kuhn napisał(a):
> The regression would be that sometimes with the old plugin manager you
> got a stacktrace which helped you to debug a problem where now it fails
> with only the exception message being printed without a call stack.

I'm still unsure what window you refer: either the installer's dedicared error
dialog or just the native QgsErrorDialogBase. The former is displayed right
after installation, and I believe there always was only the short summary
(I'll check it when I see the 1.8).

The latter is shown at plugin loading, so when you click the checkbox. I
believe it was never (in both: old and new installer) shown after
installation, as the installer error dialog should intercept the error...