[Qgis-developer] configuration lost when running 2.0

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 06:39:25 PDT 2013

This is to allow the running of 1.8 and 2.0.

On windows, because I don't know where it is in linux, the settings are
stored in:

For 1.8
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QuantumGIS\QGIS

For 2.0:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QGIS\QGIS2

1) For the re-banding we did
2) To allow 1.8 and 2.0 to run on the same machine without overriding a
persons 1.8 setup.

You lost the settings because settings are not auto transfered when QGIS
starts. It could be done but no one has done it.  This is the same reason
we have a .qgis and .qgis2 folder.  The plugins can conflict so we have to
keep them apart, the symbol library format has also changed,

- Nathan