[Qgis-developer] Differences between WFS functionality in QGIS 1.7.4 and 1.8.0

Pabel, Jens (620.12) Jens.Pabel at bielefeld.de
Wed Jun 26 04:39:35 PDT 2013

Hello developers,

I'm using the WFS plugin in QGIS 1.7.4 to add WFS layers to the QGIS canvas.

When I add a WFS to QGIS I can choose via checkbox, that "Only request features overlapping the current view extent".

In QGIS 1.8.0 I do not need a plugin, but I miss this checkbox.

There I have only a checkbox "Cache Features". If this checkbox are checked, then I get all data.

If this checkbox are not checked, then QGIS only request features overlapping the current view extent. But if I change the current view extent then QGIS is reloading the data. I need this functionality without reloading the data like QGIS 1.7.4.

Can you implement this functionality?

Regards
Jens