[Qgis-developer] Dev plugin for master

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Wed Jun 26 05:48:49 PDT 2013

Dnia środa, 26 czerwca 2013 o 14:26:46 Marco Bernasocchi napisał(a):
> mmmm IIRC 2.0 was mentioned to be hardcoded temporarily in plugin manager
> by Boris. I definitely have a plugin with minVersion=2.0

Exaxtly, master uses alreasy API 2.0. More info:
http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Plugin_Compatibility

Do you have any ideas where else to link this wiki page?

> This plugin is incompatible with this version of QGIS
> Plugin designed for QGIS 1.x

> Installed version: ?

Have you created the metadata.txt file? Does it contain the version tag?
Please remember in QGIS 2.0 all metadata are read from that file. The metadata
in __init__.py are not supported anymore (you can safely remove them and only
keep the classFactory method).

The unknown plugin version means the plugin manager can't figure out the plugin
version from metadata.txt. It assumes the plugin is designed for QGIS 1.x,
because those plugins had no metadata.txt file.