[Qgis-developer] New OpenStreetMap integration

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 04:29:20 PST 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 7:07 AM, Mathieu Pellerin <nirvn.asia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Playing around with it, I was wondering whether - for the sake of offering a
> better user experience - the import topology from XML and export topology to
> spatialite  should be merged into one action. Realistically, my guess is
> very few QGIS users will want to _only_ do an import to topology step.
> Merging both into one would simplify things for the average Joe.

This is a good suggestion - the export dialog should probably allow
users directly choose .osm file and import it automatically before
doing the export. Subsequent exports would detect the existence of the
topological database and run export without another import.

> In that regard, it might also be good to offer (via a checkbox?) to
> automatically load the resulting spatialite line / polygon db into the
> active project.

Indeed that would be useful.

Martin