[Qgis-developer] Feature freeze commencing the ides of March

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 16:28:30 PST 2013

On Mar 4, 2013 8:17 PM, "Larry Shaffer" <larrys at dakotacarto.com> wrote:
> +1 for April 1 as a general feature freeze date, i.e. not for any
specific feature. I believe that's enough time to finish some of the
labeling features I've been wanting to focus on for 2.0. If someone could
help out with optimizing PAL for speed, that would be great. I think it may
be above my standard C++ coding skills at this time.

Also from my point of view, April 1 is a better target to finish 2.0
features. Seeing my recent development speed (slowness) it is clear that
threaded rendering has to be moved to 2.1 or later. It seems that merging
of new vector api branch has introduced various bugs that I need to focus
on in the followong weeks...

I would also like to finally remove old symbology - whether being fully
replaced by features in new symbology or not - otherwise we will need to
live the whole 2.x release cycle with old symbology.

Regards
Martin