[Qgis-developer] Labeling of starts and ends of a line

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 11:13:47 PST 2013

Hi Andreas

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe Larry, Martin or Marco can answer this:
>
> I am looking for the possibility to label a line at the start or end (plus a
> given offset from start/end). As far as I know this is not yet possible now?
> Does PAL support this and is it a matter of exposing this option in the GUI
> or is this not yet supported at all?

That's not supported as far as I know. It would be handy to have a
functionality in PAL that would allow us to constrain where the label
candidates should be created and how they should be prioritized. That
would also allow us to decide where to put labels for point features
and which positions are preferred.

Martin