[Qgis-developer] No rule to make target staged_plugins

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Fri Mar 8 05:28:09 PST 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 5:47 AM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Radim,
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 3:31 AM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I am getting this compilation error:
> >>
> >> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `staged_plugins', needed by
> >> `python/plugins/CMakeFiles/staged_plugins_on_build'.  Stop.
> >> make[1]: *** [python/plugins/CMakeFiles/staged_plugins_on_build.dir/all]
> >> Error 2
> >>
> >> How to solve it ?
> >
> > The staged_plugins_on_build target is created when WITH_STAGED_PLUGINS is
> > set to TRUE [0]. I believe the dependent target staged_plugins should
> always
> > be created if WITH_BINDINGS is TRUE. The new staged plugins setup was
> > committed over a month ago, with no appreciable changes since then [1].
>
> It may be that I did not recompile last month. Does it require any new
> dependency?
>
> > What is the make command you ran?
>
> make
>
> > Did you try re-generating the cmake build files?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Does this happen on make (all target) for the project with an empty build
> > dir?
>
> Yes, but with copy of CMakeCache.txt from the old one.

Maybe set WITH_STAGED_PLUGINS to FALSE (it's TRUE by default), possibly
skipping the build error, since that problematic target won't be
auto-built. Then, if successful build, try 'make staged_plugins' to stage
the plugins to the build directory, if you run QGIS from there.

> > What, if anything, has changed in your cmake setup between your last
> > successful build and this error?
>
> Nothing changed I think, I did git pull and when make failed I run
> ccmake. I saw that some new strange things are missing, so I installed
> bzr but I have still: DART_ROOT-NOTFOUND, HGCOMMAND-NOTFOUND,
> QSCINTILLA_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND - are those necessary?

QSCINTILLA_LIBRARY is the C++ library used by the Qsci Python module, used
in the new PyQGIS console. Currently only the Python module is linked to
it, i.e. no one has used QScintilla in C++ code. So, while it shouldn't
matter for current building if not found, it should have been found by the
.cmake script.

Not sure about the others. DART is probably for reporting test results to
the dashboard at [0].

[0] http://dash.orfeo-toolbox.org/index.php?project=QGIS

Regards,

Larry