[Qgis-developer] No rule to make target staged_plugins

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 06:20:10 PST 2013

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 5:47 AM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Radim,

>> > The staged_plugins_on_build target is created when WITH_STAGED_PLUGINS
>> > is
>> > set to TRUE [0]. I believe the dependent target staged_plugins should
>> > always
>> > be created if WITH_BINDINGS is TRUE. The new staged plugins setup was
>> > committed over a month ago, with no appreciable changes since then [1].
>>
>> It may be that I did not recompile last month. Does it require any new
>> dependency?
>>
>> > What is the make command you ran?
>>
>> make
>>
>> > Did you try re-generating the cmake build files?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> > Does this happen on make (all target) for the project with an empty
>> > build
>> > dir?
>>
>> Yes, but with copy of CMakeCache.txt from the old one.
>

> Maybe set WITH_STAGED_PLUGINS to FALSE (it's TRUE by default), possibly
> skipping the build error, since that problematic target won't be auto-built.

Compiles OK.

> Then, if successful build, try 'make staged_plugins' to stage the plugins to
> the build directory, if you run QGIS from there.

Works OK, but if I set WITH_STAGED_PLUGINS=ON, make fails again, more
verbose output:

[ 95%] Built target staged_plugins
make -f python/plugins/CMakeFiles/staged_plugins_on_build.dir/build.make
python/plugins/CMakeFiles/staged_plugins_on_build.dir/depend
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/radim/devel/qgis/build'
cd /home/radim/devel/qgis/build && /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_depends
"Unix Makefiles" /home/radim/devel/qgis
/home/radim/devel/qgis/python/plugins /home/radim/devel/qgis/build
/home/radim/devel/qgis/build/python/plugins
/home/radim/devel/qgis/build/python/plugins/CMakeFiles/staged_plugins_on_build.dir/DependInfo.cmake
--color=
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/radim/devel/qgis/build'
make -f python/plugins/CMakeFiles/staged_plugins_on_build.dir/build.make
python/plugins/CMakeFiles/staged_plugins_on_build.dir/build
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/radim/devel/qgis/build'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `staged_plugins', needed by
`python/plugins/CMakeFiles/staged_plugins_on_build'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/radim/devel/qgis/build'
make[1]: *** [python/plugins/CMakeFiles/staged_plugins_on_build.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/radim/devel/qgis/build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Radim