[Qgis-developer] Tiled web maps in QGIS

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Mon Mar 11 08:57:56 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 08:50:34AM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> FYI, the openlayers plugin is essentially doing something very similar.

I tried the OpenLayers plugin and it seems rather flaky, sometimes it works,
sometimes it doesn't. And it seems it only works with the original Mercator
projection of the tiles not with other projections.

> Your scale issue might be similar to what Nathan was seeing
> yesterday too where tiles don't always line up right.

There are no problems like this with the GDAL/WMS approach/my plugin. Scaling
raster maps will always look crude, there is no way around that. I really
just want a button or so that snaps the current view to the right resolution
so that no scaling is needed at all.

Jochen