[Qgis-developer] Possible improvement | Actions on right click

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 02:52:03 PDT 2013

+1 For giving some additional use to right-mouse-click in map canvas.
Context menus seems coherent with most of software that I have worked with.

I'm not sure about where right-click direct actions are used, I can only
remember the finish feature edit.

For currently actions using direct right-click, I see a few alternatives:
1 - The action is the first on the context menu ( need 2 clicks and breaks
current usability);
2 - Assign function key for those actions (fast but breaks usability, not
suitable for mouse position dependent actions);
3 - Change right-click direct action to Shift + Right Click ( faster, and
kinda keeps usability);

I personally like the solution 1 + 3, direct action is detached at the top
of the context menu and can be accessed directly (no context menu is
showed) if one presses Shift (or Ctrl) while clicking.

Alexandre Neto