[Qgis-developer] Plugins with no metadata

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Fri Mar 22 06:27:16 PDT 2013

Hi all,
I've seen that metadata.txt is now mandatory for plugins (good thing).
I've seen a side effect on existing installs, when plugin is installed
previously without metadata (FastSQL Layer, Import Project... ), there is no
error message. Installer displays 'installed' status, but plugin is not
loadable.
Could we throw a error message on load for those plugins so that authors
modify them?
Cheers
régis