[Qgis-developer] error running qgis master - sextante depends on psycopg2 - but this dependency isn't well known

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Mar 22 06:36:13 PDT 2013

Applications on OS X do not inherit the shell environment.  The simplest solution is to install my psycopg2 python package for the system python.  My QGIS uses the system python so it will automatically find it.

If you compiled QGIS yourself using that python.org python that I see you have installed, then you need a psycopg2 in that site-packages folder for QGIS to find it.