[Qgis-developer] problem with feature request and updateFeature

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 08:42:32 PDT 2013

Jurgen,

What is the purpose of doing all the extra feature lookup in updateFeature?
Just so that don't change all the attributes everytime? I doubt there would
be that much overhead to really care, I would even say the getFeature
request would be slower then just changing all the attributes each time.
 To me this method is broken an shouldn't call getFeatures.  The method is
just updateFeature it shouldn't do anything more, especially not change my
iterator .  If we want to implement attribute change tracking it should be
done on the QgsFeature, which would be easy, not in QgsVectorLayer.

You could then just do (in updateFeature) (in python):

attributes = f.getChangedAttributes()

for index, value in attributes.iteritems():
    layer.changeAttributeValue(id, index, value)

- Nathan