[Qgis-developer] Blend modes for labels?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Mar 28 01:30:15 PDT 2013

 Hi,

 I tested the blend modes with white bold labels on top of a orthofoto
 and unfortunately I could not find a blend mode that fitted my needs. I
 was hoping to find a mode that would result in the exact negative of the
 underlying graphics - meaning if the backgrund is dark, the label should
 be bright and vice versa. The "Substract" and "Difference" modes are
 close, but not satisfying in my case.

 Thanks anyway for making these blend modes available - they will be
 useful in some cases!

 Andreas

 On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 09:21:35 +0100, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Ah right - it is already available - cool!
>
> So it can be found in the label settings dialogue. Just testing now.
>
> Thanks,
> Andreas
>
> On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 09:15:43 +0100, Marco Hugentobler wrote:
>> Wasn't that introduced in 8793d388b1fd0f315f55b0f56f5ee8462ea6df13 ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Marco
>>
>> On 28.03.2013 09:09, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I noticed that the blend modes do not have any effect on labels.
>>>
>>> I was trying to see if one of the blend modes could help to label
>>> orthophotos where you have the problem that the photo varies a lot in
>>> brightness - there are dark and bright regions next to each other and
>>> therefore neither a dark or bright text really works well. I wanted
>>> to test if one of the blend modes could fix that problem.
>>>
>>> Any chance that the blend modes could also work on labels?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A