[Qgis-developer] Git help needed

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Thu May 2 02:30:59 PDT 2013

Generally you should work and push branches to github and issue pull
requests on those.  It will make it easier to keep your pending commits and
changes out of your master branch so you can update it like normal

git checkout -b mywork

do you stuff..

git commit -m "My changes"

git push origin mywork

Pull request on mywork branch.

You can then keep master in line by doing:

git checkout master
git pull --rebase upstream/master

upstream == QGIS github repo, might be different for you.

- Nathan