[Qgis-developer] Context help - locale (Consider country?)

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed May 15 06:40:37 PDT 2013

Hi Matthias,

On Wed, 15. May 2013 at 12:37:31 +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> Can you give me a hint on where to find what you have done with the
> grass modules?

scripts/update_ts_files.sh (ie. scripts/qgm2cpp.pl)

I think we also still need something alike for the algorithm descriptions in
sextante - didn't look into that.

> +1 for an embedded webkit widget somewhere. Right now the help  is a
> separate process and I see no reason for or benefit of this, but the
> behavior that it does not close when exiting the application seems to
> be a disadvantage.

I now do.  Spawning a modeless dialog from modal dialogs doesn't work well...
I noticed only after moving the helpviewer into qgscontexthelp. So I reverted
that ;)

But I made the helpviewer read the help texts from stdin and qgscontexthelp to
write it to the helpviewer.

There is now a cmake recipes that creates a cpp file each for function and
context help from the -en_US version in resources and that is integrated
automatically into the ts file using the normal process.

I also added the non-en_US versions of the help files into the respective ts
files.  They are still there, although they aren't used anymore.

So now if there are updates to the help, only the en-US versions should be
added or updated - and the translations are in the ts files.

> As well as the recent hack to the paths get it to run properly from the build
> directory because it resides in lib/.  You said you have started. Is that
> code already pushed to master?

Yes, 4b766003 (and cdd7e9f1).

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden