[Qgis-developer] Final Logo Pick

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Fri May 17 07:42:45 PDT 2013

Hi

I have to say when I compare them to our existing logo, none of them
really do it for me. Perhaps we need a new mandate to freshen our
exisiting logo rather than to try to create something new. Our current
logo may have issues but it is:

* distinctive
* bright
* clear
* recognisable
* already has a strong association with our 'brand'

If the new logo does not meet these or in some way offer an
improvement over the old, we should rather focus on tweaking what we
already have.

Regards

Tim

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 8:16 AM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In #336 and #338 I really like the three hands from differents parts of the
> world. It is a nice symbol of our collaboration around the world -
> developers, community managers and users. It may be too detailed at smaller
> sizes. But for smaller sizes one could omit the "GIS" part and use just the
> Q with the globe and the three hands.
>
> From the ones that are in the final voting, these are my favourites.
>
> I also like #399 and #400 for the simplicity and the usage of just one color
> - which opens ways for various brandings (e.g. server, desktop, mobile,
> etc.)
>
> Andreas
>

> On Tue, 14 May 2013 16:03:29 +1000, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
>>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> There is now a poll on the logo
>> site http://99designs.com.au/logo-design/vote-aqu952 [1].
>>

>>  We need to pick a design that we like, or at least something that
>> would like to extend further.
>>
>> Please vote and leave any comments.
>>
>> At the moment we only have 2 days. I will ask for a few more days, but
>> act like we only have two days.
>>
>> P.S Sorry I would have done this early I have just been busy with work
>> and uni.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nathan
>>
>> Links: