[Qgis-developer] Composer load time

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu May 23 07:17:38 PDT 2013

 Hi,

 This is definitely not normal.

 It takes less than a second with QGIS master (from last night) on my
 Windows machine - regardless if it is an empty composer or an existing
 one. This is on Windows from the OSGeo4W installer.

 Perhaps you have thousands of SVG files that need to be loaded and
 cached?

 Andreas

 On Thu, 23 May 2013 15:51:46 +0200, Rudi von Staden wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Every time I load the composer (Ubuntu 12.10) it takes about 4
> minutes
> to load (even starting from a blank project). Is this the general
> pattern, or is it perhaps something strange with my system?
>
> Thanks,
> Rudi

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A