[Qgis-developer] Composer load time

Rudi von Staden rudivs at gmail.com
Thu May 23 07:41:07 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is definitely not normal.
>
> It takes less than a second with QGIS master (from last night) on my
> Windows machine - regardless if it is an empty composer or an existing one.
> This is on Windows from the OSGeo4W installer.
>
> Perhaps you have thousands of SVG files that need to be loaded and cached?

It's a fresh install of master, and with the 1.8 install I've just deleted
the .qgis folder to see if it's something to do with that. The result is
the same - with a blank project and without adding any layers it takes 4
minutes to load the composer. So I don't see how it could be caching SVG
files.

Could there be some libraries that composer needs which I don't have
installed? Composer seems to work fine though when it loads, so it's a
strange issue. There are no messages to stdout when I run it from the
command line, but are there some error logs I could check?