[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.0 point release?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 16:30:09 PDT 2013

Seems like a positive response all round, I'll get started...

Do you have a plan about how to make sure, that the fixes did not
> introduce any regressions as side-effect?

My plans are to push any bug fix only (no new features) commits across, but
to exclude:
- Any processing related commits (since that's been updated via the plugin
mechanism)
- Any specific packaging related commits (I'm assuming all commits required
to build qgis 2.0 have already been push to the 2.0 branch, if not, i'll
leave that up to the packagers who know the situation better then me)

If a bug fix commit references an issue number I'll read up and check with
any attached datasets/etc to make sure there's no side effects. If in
doubt, I'll err on the side of caution and not port the commit. I'll also
put together a list of commits I'm unsure about and post here for further
input.

I'm not sure about translation related commits - does anyone have any
thoughts regarding this?

Nyall