[Qgis-developer] Roadmap for 2.2

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Nov 5 01:35:06 PST 2013

Hi,

It would be fine for me to have another release by Christmas/end of the
year. In that case, of course the multi-threaded work should be done in
2.3

However, we should not postpone the multi-threaded work further. It is
core stuff and has a lot of implications. The longer we wait, the more
complex, more work and thus more expensive it will be. With the new
vector API Martin has laid the ground work for the multi-threaded
rendere, we should not wait too long to do the remaining work.

Andreas