[Qgis-developer] Roadmap for 2.2

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Tue Nov 5 01:29:30 PST 2013

Hello,

Le mardi 5 novembre 2013 01:24:55, Nathan Woodrow a écrit :
> It would be cool if we could do a Christmas release for 2.2 and then we can
> look at things like multithreading for the next one.  I don't think trying
> to rush in something like multithreading is a good idea as there is a bit
> that can go wrong with that kind of thing.

+1
Release soon, release often.
We should take advantage of this consolidation period to release a good and
stable 2.2 version for Christmas. That should give us time to consolidate a
2.3 with important core change like multithreading.
There is enough new features and enhancements in master just now to justify a
release.
If the multithreading branch is worked on before christmas, we could release a
2.3 alpha not long after 2.2 and gather some testers to have it stable after a
few RCs.

Vincent