[Qgis-developer] Rendering bugs: QGIS or Qt?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 00:20:07 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would say yes for #8980, but no idea for #8974.
>
> I would let more aware people answer about Qt5.
> But if we have to change to Python 3, I think it would be considered as an
> API break as older plugins might not work anymore....
> So, sadly, I suspect we won't see this happening very soon, willwe?
> Or maybe, if this time we take care of porting every plugins with 2to3?

Yes, moving to qt5 and python3 would break the existing plugins -
something we should leave for QGIS 3.0.

Anyway I believe the above mentioned issues are not Qt bugs:
- #8980 - it would help to have just one repetition of the input
pattern in the SVG to avoid the unwanted effect
- #8974 - something wrong with preparation of the image for the
pattern (there are various artifacts also when changing the angle)

Regards
Martin