[Qgis-developer] WG: Re: cpp-plugin for QGIS 2.0

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Nov 7 00:47:57 PST 2013

Hi,

Whenever there is a new release you have to link to other qgis core
libraries (e.g. libqgis_core.so). This explains why 2.1 C++ plugins do
not work for 2.0 even if the API did not change. You have to compile C++
plugins for each major version.

You can get the source code for the 2.0x branch at
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/release-2_0

see https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/branches for all the available
branches.

Andreas