[Qgis-developer] Bug with avoid intersection - willing to fund fix

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Nov 7 09:36:59 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 06:28:47PM +0100, kimaidou wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have seen another "bug" or misbehaviour IMHO : I would expect QGIS to
> automatically create a node at the intersection of 2 linestring when
> topology editing is ON, with no need to do it manually. This would help a
> lot too.

+1

GEOS-3.4.0 introduced a GEOSNode interface that could be handy for that.

Explicit noding would also probably help fixing other issues,
which I suspect are due to the conceptually wrong assumption
that you can snap a point to a line:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geos-devel/2013-November/006720.html

--strk;