[Qgis-developer] Bug with avoid intersection - willing to fund fix

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 10:26:32 PST 2013

QGis does the explicit noding of the first adjancent feature, but the
results are inconsistent.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. I've tried many things to see if I
could find a reproducible series of steps, but without success.

Right now we are comparing the results ArcGIS is giving us against QGIS
topology checker. It looks like QGIS topology checker is finding a lot more
errors (I think QGIS is correct), but the main difference is visualization
of the errors (which is another deal).

Any ideas?

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 06:28:47PM +0100, kimaidou wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have seen another "bug" or misbehaviour IMHO : I would expect QGIS to
> > automatically create a node at the intersection of 2 linestring when
> > topology editing is ON, with no need to do it manually. This would help a
> > lot too.
>
> +1
>
> GEOS-3.4.0 introduced a GEOSNode interface that could be handy for that.
>
> Explicit noding would also probably help fixing other issues,
> which I suspect are due to the conceptually wrong assumption
> that you can snap a point to a line:
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geos-devel/2013-November/006720.html
>
> --strk;

George R. C. Silva