[Qgis-developer] wrong classification class boundaries in joined data?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Nov 12 11:08:20 PST 2013

Hi Devs,

I'm pulling a discussion from users list to this list. See:

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2013-November/024914.html

We see that when symbolizing data with a joined table, based on an
attribute from the joined table the 'wrong'(?) values are used to
determine the class boundaries.

Eg:
point 1
point 2

and table
1 1
2 2
200 200
300 300

will be joined to

1 1
2 2

(left join)

BUT when you ask QGIS to create a classification it will use the 200 and
300 values too! While available in the original table, they are NOT
availabe in the joined data.

We think this is an error. See
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/9051

I could think of scenario's in which you want this behaviour, but I
think it is more obvious to NOT take those values into account, and
maybe make it option to use ALL values.

Do you agree?
Or do we miss something?

Regards,