[Qgis-developer] Build QGIS with QtCreator, LNK2019 error

Zeben M. C. zebensui at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 06:10:13 PST 2013

I'm trying to build QGIS with QtCreator. I am following the instructions
found in:
 https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/CODING (4. Getting up and running
with QtCreator and QGIS).

When I build the project (using Jom) always fails with this error:

--------------------
Linking CXX shared library ..\output\python\qgis\core.pyd
   Creating library core.lib and object core.exp
sipcorepart0.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp___Py_Dealloc referenced in function "class QgsSymbolLayerV2 * __cdecl
sipVH_core_0(enum PyGILState_STATE,struct _object *,class QDomElement &)"
(?sipVH_core_0@@YAPAVQgsSymbolLayerV2@@W4PyGILState_STATE@@PAU_object@
@AAVQDomElement@@@Z)
sipcorepart1.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp___Py_Dealloc
sipcorepart2.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp___Py_Dealloc
sipcorepart3.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp___Py_Dealloc
sipcorepart0.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp___Py_NegativeRefcount referenced in function "class QgsSymbolLayerV2
* __cdecl sipVH_core_0(enum PyGILState_STATE,struct _object *,class
QDomElement &)" (?sipVH_core_0@@YAPAVQgsSymbolLayerV2@@W4PyGILState_STATE@
@PAU_object@@AAVQDomElement@@@Z)
sipcorepart1.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp___Py_NegativeRefcount
sipcorepart2.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp___Py_NegativeRefcount
sipcorepart3.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp___Py_NegativeRefcount
sipcorepart0.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp___Py_RefTotal
sipcorepart1.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp___Py_RefTotal
sipcorepart2.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp___Py_RefTotal referenced in function
_meth_QgsComposerTable_horizontalViewScaleFactor
sipcorepart3.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp___Py_RefTotal
sipcorepart0.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__Py_InitModule4TraceRefs referenced in function _initcore
..\output\python\qgis\core.pyd : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved
externals
LINK Pass 1 failed. with 1120
-----------------

Also, i have several previous warning in the console as:
 - some macro redefinition and
 - or: -1: Warning: LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' Conflicts with use of
other libs; wear / NODEFAULTLIB: library

Also using NMAKE (instead JOM), it fails. The error take place much later
in the build but fails.

I am able to build QGIS using Visual Studio 2008 but with the aim of more
easily debug, I trying to use QtCreator..

Any idea?

My goal is to build a slightly modified version of Qgis able, among other
things, to create polygons the same way to create rings.

Thanks in advance.