[Qgis-developer] Question on QGIS Build and SIP

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Sat Nov 23 07:58:21 PST 2013

I'm not entirely sure where this should go - but I see this one as more
of a ubuntu question than a QGIS developer...or maybe it's both so I've
cross posted.

To learn a bit more - I've compiled (checkinstall)
gdal/ogr/geos/proj/grass/postgis (not in that order) and for the final
proof I'm insane - QGIS 2.0.1. I'm compiling on ubuntu 13.10 - there's
one error that keeps flaring up:

CMake Error at cmake/FindSIP.cmake:54 (MESSAGE):
   Could not find SIP
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   CMakeLists.txt:550 (FIND_PACKAGE)

I've installed the package I thought installed SIP - and apparently I
didn't....I think it's python-qt4-dev but I've went a bit crosseyed with
my note taking.

--
Randal Hale, GISP
423.653.3611 rjhale at northrivergeographic.com