[Qgis-developer] PR1007 bump minimum to 4.7: objections?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 02:51:57 PST 2013

Ok - to add some context to this discussion -- I originally requested
that we bump the dependency to 4.6 to get access to
QGraphicsItem::rotation() and QGraphicsItem::setRotation(). I need
these to fix composer item rotation. It's a bit of a code cleanup, but
mostly a feature win in that using those methods I can add rotation to
all types of composer items. It's 98% of the way there in these
commits:
https://github.com/nyalldawson/QGIS/commit/bd92774ea7ea5ed50a4fad9c83f45540125d61e0
https://github.com/nyalldawson/QGIS/commit/f05dceb4bd63ca786aa36c0a60a8302567854889

Pull request 1007 is basically a prerequisite to finishing this work.
If there's no chance of getting the minimum to 4.6 then I'll have to
abandon this branch. That's why I'm hoping to get 1007 pulled before
spending too much more time on a feature which currently is impossible
to merge to master.

Early in this thread there was overwhelming support for setting the
minimum to 4.8 - that's why request 1006 was opened. 1006 can probably
be closed now since 4.8 looks unlikely.

Nyall