[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Shortcut changes in QGIS; call for opinions

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 03:58:11 PST 2013

By default, I would prefer that single "normal" keys (letters and number)
would be used only to swap between tools. Anything that implies changings
the project (adding, removing, duplicating,... layers\features\nodes...)
would use other keys (del, backspace, ...) or a combination with
"Ctrl\Shift\alt"+, with or without confirmation.

Why? Because it's quite easy for a user to think he is typing somewhere,
and by mistake he is altering something that he might not even notice.

There are sometimes that the confirmation is also informative ("Delete 5
features?"), if the confirmation is removed, this info should pass to
non-blocking message.

Alexandre Neto