[Qgis-developer] Layer selection

Benoît Laurent blaurent at heurisis.eu
Tue Oct 1 01:20:17 PDT 2013

Hello,

I do not know if this is the right place to ask this question. If not,
please tell me.

I would like to iterate over a list of layers. For each layer, I would
like to zoom to its extent and create a pdf file (using the QgsComposer).

At the beginning, the layers are already loaded but not selected. I am
facing a problem to select each layer. The following code does not work.
The list of selected layers is desperately empty.

from qgis.core import (QgsMapLayer,
                                        QGis)

def run_script(iface):
         legend = iface.legendInterface()
         layers = iface.mapCanvas().layers()

         if len(layers) > 0:
             l = layers[0]
             legend.setLayerVisible(l, True)
             iface.setActiveLayer(l)
             print legend.selectedLayers()

I am stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Benoît