[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2 64bits, is it stable ?

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Fri Oct 4 04:52:48 PDT 2013

> The stability of the current release is heavily influenced by
> increasing the major version number. What I mean with this is, that
> because for the next release only the minor number will increase, I
> expect it to be to be more stable and not less. Regardless of testing.
>
> Agreed, the new features should be expected to have bugs in, but with a
proper testing regime the regressions should be fewer as they'd get picked
up and the commit wouldn't/shouldn't be accepted until they're fixed.
You're right it won't cure everything, but it would mitigate a good chunk
of one subset of bug type.

Let me quote Martin Grässlin "I rather use a working system without unit
> tests than a system with unit tests that doesn’t work"

It sounds good, but it's a false dichotomy - why can't you have both?

Regards,
Jonathan

--
This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and