[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2 64bits, is it stable ?

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Fri Oct 4 05:33:58 PDT 2013

Hi,
I must say my opinion is somewhere between Jonathan's and Paolo's.
QGIS is getting fast with new feature, and this is needed to stick and go
beyond to proprietary softs. QGIS is the only one with such mapping and
redering capabilities, but it still lacks some critical basic features
(proportionnal object legend, totally solid joins, relates, label callouts..
) .
So, we need to still be opened to new features.
 In the same time, regressions do cost ressources also, both for developpers
and users.

What about starting the infrastructure for unit test and commit validation
and testing it now?
I must say I could be very interested in a commercial support for this, if
this is sticking to community version and not a separate branch. The only
offer I saw was Sourcepole, in Switzerland, so out of Europe market rules
(yes), maybe I missed some others.

Régis