[Qgis-developer] Testing infrastructure (was: QGIS 2 64bits, is it stable ?)

Hien TRAN-QUANG hien.tranquang at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 13:13:06 PDT 2013

To get back to the first question (stability of QGIS 2 64bits/ Win),
my feelings are that a lot of bugs had been corrected before the
release announcement, but package phase did not go to the same level
of control and showed many regression. For instance, French IGN
projections bug in master was a GRASS one, and that bug came back with
the released version (but that does'nt seem to be Grass's fault this
time). Old or removed packages had been inserted in the installer in
the first version. And so on.

My self-compiled-from-release QGIS brick  is strong. Other bricks are
separately strong too. But the wall made of those bricks isn't.

Hien TRAN-QUANG