[Qgis-developer] Gdal Tools: extract projection

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 03:49:58 PDT 2013

2013/10/19 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
>> 2013/10/17 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
>>> * no feedback is given upon completion ("World file written")
>> Agreed, feedback about process completion will be good.
>
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/8916

Fixed

>>> * the prj is (optionally) created according to the project settings, so it is empty
>>> for layers not loaded; the user should be warned, and the prj not created in this case.
>> Hmm, works for me. Maybe your layers don't contain projection information?
>
> unclear to me how to check this: the raster appears on the right place, however.

Try with gdalinfo tool, if raster has projection, this tool will show
it. Also raster
can be displayed in correct place even it doesn't have assigned projection, but
has correct wld file. Maybe this is your case.

>> BTW, I think it is better to improve this tool inside Processing as in future
>> IMO it should replace GDALTools.
>
> agreed - however, I think having the (editable) plain gdal command line at the bottom
> is a major advantage of gdal tools for power users.

This is true only for tools, that are command line utilities. Extract
projection is
exception, it uses GDAL API and has no independent command line equivalent.

Also it is possible to add text field for additional command line arguments in
Processing.