[Qgis-developer] vector rendering improvement patch

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Tue Oct 22 03:59:09 PDT 2013

Hello,

Le mardi 22 octobre 2013 12:19:28, A Huarte a écrit :
> I have implemented the improvement of rendering in a new ad-hoc
> featureIterator with the possibility that each vector-provider implements
> its own method of pre-simplification. The performance is the same as the
> first version I developed (~3x faster :-)). It also implements the
> simplification of geometries in the OGR-provider pre-fetch the features.
> It improves the post-simplification around 5%. I think that this branch is
> ready por test! :-)

That's good news !

Is it configurable in the interface for each layer independantly ?

It should probably be, as according to the style applied to the geometries,
the simplification could be something we want for some layers and not for
others.
A checkbox in the layer properties dialog could be interesting.

Then we would have to decide if we want it activated by default or not for
dataproviders supporting it. We could have a global option for that default
too.

Vincent